Welcome to the Community Development Division’s web page!
Community Development is now a Division of the Department of Public Works. Community Development conducts a review of all residential and commercial development proposals; provides staff support to the Planning Board; recommends revisions to the town’s Zoning Ordinance, Development Regulations for approval by the Planning Board, and/or Town Ballot vote, and Master Plan. The department also provides guidance to residents and developers.
Our goal is to make this a truly efficient process. Please view us as a resource. We strongly encourage you to meet with the Town Planner as your first step. This is also where you will find our Assistant Public Works Director/Town Engineer.
Roles & responsibilities of the Community Development Division include:
- Boundary Line Adjustment Plan Reviews
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Condominium Conversion Plan Reviews
- Construction Monitoring
- Development Regulation Promulgation and Amendment
- Economic Development
- Farmers' Market
- GIS Mapping
- Issuing Driveway and Roadway Excavation Permits
- Long Range Planning
- Lot Mergers
- Master Plan Update
- Site Plan Reviews
- Site Plan Review Escrows
- Subdivision Plan Reviews
- Technical and Administrative support to the Planning Board
- Technical Review Committee (TRC)
- Zoning Ordinance Promulgation and Amendment