Welcome to the Community Development Department’s web page!
Electrical, Gas, Plumbing,Yard Sale and Fundraiser permits can be submitted online through ViewPermit.
Community Development conducts reviews of all residential and commercial development proposals; provides staff support to the Planning Board; recommends revisions to the town’s Zoning Ordinance, Development Regulations for approval by the Planning Board, and/or Town Ballot vote, and Master Plan. The department also provides guidance to residents and developers.
Our goal is to make this a truly efficient process. Please view us as a resource. We strongly encourage you to meet with the Town Planner as your first step. The Community Development offices, on the second floor of the Town Hall, is also where you will find our Town Engineer.
Roles & responsibilities of the Community Development Division include:
- Boundary Line Adjustment Plan Reviews
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Condominium Conversion Plan Reviews
- Construction Monitoring
- Development Regulation Promulgation and Amendment
- Economic Development
- Farmers' Market
- GIS Mapping
- Issuing Driveway and Roadway Excavation Permits
- Long Range Planning
- Lot Mergers
- Master Plan Update
- Site Plan Reviews
- Site Plan Review Escrows
- Subdivision Plan Reviews
- Technical and Administrative support to the Planning Board
- Technical Review Committee (TRC)
- Zoning Ordinance Promulgation and Amendment