Photos displayed at the right are of the new Merrimack County Savings Bank.
The Hooksett Economic Development Advisory Committee’s mission is to enhance the vitality of the local economy by retaining existing businesses, encouraging entrepreneurship and attracting new business to Hooksett, in support of the Town Council’s effort toward the development of public policy and strategies that result in balanced and sustainable economic growth.
- A Chairman shall be elected annually by a majority vote of the board in the month of July. The Chairman shall preside over all meetings and hearings, appoint such committees as directed by the board.
- A Vice-Chairman shall be elected annually by a majority vote of the board in the month of July. The Vice-Chairman shall preside in the absence of the Chairman and shall have the full powers of the Chairman on matters, which come before the board during the absence of the Chairman.
- All officers shall serve for one year and shall be eligible for re-election.
- As established by the Town Council, the HEDAC shall consist of at least nine (9) voting members as appointed by the Town Council. Four (4) members shall be town residents. Three (3) members shall be involved in the Hooksett business community. One (1) member shall be appointed as the Town Council Representative. One (1) member shall be appointed by the Planning Board as the Planning Board representative. The terms of the regular members shall be three (3) years except that the current appointments (2015) shall be staggered by the Town Council to two (2) members for three year terms, two (2) members for two year terms, and the remaining members for one (1) year terms.
- The HEDAC may recommend to the Town Council the removal of any member having unexcused absences from either three (3) consecutive meetings, or a total of five (5) unexcused absences in any one rolling 12 month period.
- MEMBERSHIP REPLACEMENT: When a vacancy occurs or when a membership term expires, the HEDAC shall notify the Town Council, who shall then proceed to fill the vacancy using the Town’s Appointment Guidelines.
- SUBCOMMITTEES: Subcommittees may be established by HEDAC to work on specific projects and/or initiatives and report back to the HEDAC.
- The Chair of the Subcommittee will be a member of HEDAC and be appointed by the HEDAC membership.
- Members of the Subcommittee are appointed by the HEDAC but do not have to be members of HEDAC except for the Subcommittee Chair, and may be made up of residents non-residents of Hooksett.
- All subcommittees must follow the requirements as outlined in NH RSA 91-A.
Staff non-voting members will include The Town Administrator, Town Planner, and the Assistant Town Planner.
- To establish and nurture supportive relationships with existing business to retain and encourage expansion within the Town of Hooksett.
- Promote growth in property valuation that generates tax revenue, which exceeds municipal costs, in order to reduce the tax burden on residents.
- Identify and pursue funding sources, on behalf of the Town, which would enable HEDAC to meet the mission and goals of this document.
- To promote the Town of Hooksett as a destination for new businesses.
- Provide support for the Town Council, planning and zoning boards projecting a welcoming and helpful image to the business and general community.
- Assist the Town Council with research and development of new business opportunities.
- Coordinate and seek out support for business development from local, state, and regional organizations such as SNHPC, DRED, and Metro Center.
- Establish Ambassador Group to make monthly contacts with identified existing business to understand their needs and to provide assistance with retention and expansion activities.
- Develop and refine Web Site to include economic development page describing Hooksett’s planning and zoning process and assistance with partners such as DRED, SNHPC, and other business development agencies.
- Maintain and update Web Site to keep it current with changing Town policy and economic conditions.
- Recommend economic development projects and opportunities to the Town Council.
- Respond to request from the Town Council regarding economic development issues and opportunities such as use of the Old Town Hall, affordable housing and related economic development issues.
- Recommend contractual relationships to complete specific economic development activities in support of the Town Planner and Administrator.
- Develop with the Town Planner printed materials describing business opportunities in Hooksett along with the process for navigating the planning and zoning process.~
Section 4.4: Enhance the vitality of the local economy by retaining existing businesses and attracting new ones.
- Regular meetings shall be held at the Town Municipal Building, 35 Main Street, Hooksett, NH at 5:00 pm on the Third wednesday of each month. Other meetings may be held at the call of the Chairman provided public notice and notice to each member is given at least 48 hours excluding Sundays and legal holidays prior to such meetings. In the case of a holiday or unforeseen circumstances, the meeting may be moved to the following Tuesday.
- Quorum. Four (4) members shall constitute a quorum of the Hooksett Economic Development Advisory Committee.
- Order of Business. The order of business for regular meetings shall be as follows:
- Call meeting to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Introduce members of the board.
- Minutes of the previous meeting.
- Unfinished business.
- New Business.
|André Garron||Town Administrator / Economic Development Director|